Welcome to RSA and the opportunity to work with our team to support people living with disability and their families
RSA Disability Support Services has a Vision to provide “Care Beyond Expectation”, and for every person who engages with our disability services and accommodation, we aim to make their lives easier, better, and brighter.
We are currently seeking passionate individual support workers, to provide individual support to our clients across sites in Moonee Ponds and Thornbury.
The role of Support Worker involves providing support to people with disabilities including those with complex support needs. The key accountabilities for the role include:
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Personal care (shower, toilet and personal hygiene assistance)
- To administer medication as required following all policies and procedures.
- Household task (prepare bed and light cleaning)
- Assistance with Community access & Recreational Activities
- Manual handling and/or use of equipment and wheelchairs etc.
Personal Attributes, Capabilities, Experience and Skills
- Knowledge of standards and requirements in the support work field
- Service-oriented with a passion for helping people.
- Solid interpersonal communication skills, with an emphasis on active listening
- Ability to build strong relationships and gain trust
- Empathetic approach, a non-judgmental attitude, and a willingness to be patient
- Level head with the ability to stay calm, even in high-pressure situations
- Time management skills and the willingness to prioritize the needs of many clients
- Ability to maintain client confidentiality.
- Ability to understand of privacy and confidentially issues and maintain client and staff confidentiality.
- Reliable character
Checks, Registrations & Education Requirements
- Identity Check (Passport/Visa/Etc)
- NDIS Worker Screening
- Current First Aid & CPR Certificate (Mental Health)
- Medication Administration Certificate
- Food Safety
- Manual Handling
- Working with Children Check
- Minimum Certificate IV Disability or Community Service or other relevant qualification or working towards obtaining qualification within next 6 months.
- Current Drivers Licence
- Experience in the delivery of personal care services and/or challenging behaviours is viewed favourably.
Remuneration is based on the SCHADS (Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award) plus usual shift allowances and penalty rates for afternoon, nightshift and weekend shifts worked and will depend upon the experience and qualifications of the successful candidate
When applying please provide an indication of which days you are available.
All applicants are required to undertake a NDIS Worker Screening Check. We encourage you to consider applying online for the NDIS Worker Screening Check at the same time as you apply for this role.
Your application will include the following questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years’ experience do you have as a support worker?
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?
- Have you completed a qualification in disability?
HOW TO APPLY
Simply enter your contact details into the form below and upload your CV and Resume.